Who We Are
(Above) A selection of our recent and current clients. Find out more about these and more below
We’re a specialist new media agency, based in Brighton and Hove one of the UK’s foremost digital media hubs.
We believe we created the UK’s first e-commerce site, and created one of the first commercial intranets. But we’re not an agency to live on our past achievements. Today we’re responsible for the highest-ranked UK corporate website according to the respected site auditing company SiteMorse.
CST Group was founded in 1995 by three stalwarts of the Media and Advertising industry (Mike Cobbe, Nigel Smith, and John Terris), plus an authority on all things “Technology” (Paul Ockenden), and was described by the Daily Telegraph as the “Dream Team”.
CST has always been a bit unique. The founders were all known and respected in their various fields, and had years of experience and a fully rounded skill set: Marketing; Advertising; Media; Client; Agency; and Technical.
A series of firsts:
You know that expression “Been there, done that, got the t-shirt”? Well, at CST we have a whole cupboard full of those t-shirts. As far as we’re aware, we were:
- One of the first UK agencies (possibly the first) to build Web sites for consumer brands.
- The first UK agency to build an e-commerce site. If only we’d patented the idea!
- Drivers of the UK's first online sponsorship by a consumer brand.
- Pioneers in the development of Intranets, Extranets, and Portals - long before those terms were coined.
- The first (and indeed may still be the only) company to offer a full production and technology audit service for new media projects.
Our Recent and Current Clients Include:
To find out more about what we've done for our clients, please view our projects section.
Research shows that UK retailers are losing sales of £5.65 billion per year because of poorly performing websites
— Zeus Technology
“Nobody has complained to me about our website…” They probably won’t; they’ll simply move to your competitors and won’t come back.
…understood our goals and worked quickly to provide us with the direction we needed.
— David Slater, Intranet Services Manager at Lloyds Banking Group.